Hi valued reader, I really appreciate you stopping by again, especially if you are interested in the Keto Diet journey! Don’t forget to “Like” and “Share” if you find this information of value!!
In my last Keto Diet post, we looked at some supplements you may want to try on your diet.
Today, we’ll look at an easy meal you can make that will leave you satisfied and help curb cravings.
So, let’s talk about sauce.
Most of the time, you want to avoid high-carb sauces and dressings, but today’s dish has a lovely garlic sauce that complements the meat.
It’s made with butter, chicken stock, and heavy cream, and makes you feel like you’re not even dieting.
This recipe uses a single skillet and is ready in 30 minutes, too.
- 3 boneless pork chops
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 & 1/3 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoonful Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoonful crushed red chilli pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Take the pork chops out of the fridge about 15 minutes before you plan to cook them.
Bringing pork chops to room temperature makes for perfect chops every time.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Season the chops on both sides with paprika, salt, and pepper.
Sear in the hot oil for 3-5 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness of the chops), or until cooked to your liking.
Be sure to keep an eye on them, because without the bone or fat, they may dry out more easily.
Remove from the pan when done and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the remaining cooking juices in the pan.
Add garlic, onion, Italian seasoning and crushed red chili pepper flakes (if desired) and stir-fry until fragrant (about one minute).
Add in the stock and allow it to reduce a little bit.
Note: you may substitute dry white wine instead of stock if you like.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the half-and-half or cream and bring the sauce to a gentle simmer.
Adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Add the spinach leaves and allow them to wilt in the sauce.
Stir in the Parmesan cheese if desired. Allow sauce to simmer until cheese melts through the sauce.
- Transfer the pork chops back into the pan to reheat.
Sprinkle with parsley and spoon the sauce over each pork chop. Rest the chops for about 5 minutes to allow juices to settle. Serve over steamed veggies, zucchini noodles, or cauliflower rice. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Until next time,
Jimmie Wilks, MBA, CAP
Retired Air Force Vet & Online Marketer
P.S., Looking for Affordable Business Funding? When Your Bank Can’t Help – We Can! Click here for more details!